Tuesday 30 October 2012

Think 'Big'


This week, I believe for most of the country, is half term. Quite a few of our dangerous boys were with their big sisters or on holiday... but a few were out in force on this beautiful Autumnal day!

Benji who became a big brother this week to Freddie also joined us which was very exciting... another boy to join The Club!!!!! Yippppeeeeeeee!

So our activity this week was to gather things and then look at them through a magnifying glass. Each cost about 70p from Amazon and although I thought this would be great fun... if I am honest, the boys didn't really get it. Maybe magnifying glasses, like telescopes need a certain way to look through them... like with 'one eye' or something??? and maybe because none of them can wink, it was bit wasted? Oh well.... magnifying glasses will definitely work in a few months I am sure.

The LEAVES however... well there is a story!!! The boys LOVED the dry autumn leaves and were rather hysterical when we simply spent some time throwing them in the air! In fact it was me who interrupted their fun by making them look through small glass things... it just shows, doesn't it, that the simple things in life, are not only free but often more fun.

I also took HUUUUUUUUUUGE pleasure in watching Tiger fall, get dirty, and then jump right back up again.... THAT my friends is progress!!!! Mud + Hands = Good!!

Bye-Bye Tractor

Midway through THE DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS a tractor arrived.... I informed everyone that I had paid for it to come and see us (I didn't.... it's a lie!!!) BUT the boys.... were transfixed.... this is them saying good bye to the lovely red tractor and the lovely man who spent at least 10 minutes circling the boys and dropping off leaves!!! Thank you (even if you were showing off to a besotted fan club - hehe)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment