Tuesday 6 November 2012

Kicking Autumn Away

It is my humble opinion, that when the clocks have changed and one finds themselves needing to clothe the windows in cling film and occasionally wear boots to bed... that winter is finally upon us. This has happened uncharacteristically early, with the coldest Autumn in 14 years! So I thought today we could say goodbye to Autumn and welcome the Winter in!













Now if you are a parent you may have faced this dilemma before... what do you do when your kids are ill?


  1. Do you stay at home?
  2. Give a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down?
  3. Soldier on?

Today I did 1) and 3) I am wholly unconvinced that i did the right thing, but there we go.

We all met... 13 little men, in an area where there were a lot of leaves. The task for today was to make a huuuuuge heap of leaves and then kick and throw them everywhere.... 'Kicking Autumn Away'. It was beautiful.... except that my two children cried perpetually from start to finish. I subsequently realised that 3) did not particularly work... so we moved on to 2)... SUGAR!!!

The next activity - I had purchased 3 bags of gold Chocolate Coins, a perfect treat to hide for a treasure hunt. You feel rich finding it and then you get a chocolate rush as you eat it, perfect! The boys particularly enjoyed this activity and all sat eating their coins, very proud of themselves! Again I realise that these simple hide & seek games are proving to be the best. 



Back to my boys.... We went home and they both practically put themselves to bed. They are not well, either of them... it is good to soldier on, but right now, I write this with them tucked under blankets just being a little bit poorly, which is ok!

Good bye Autumn, see you next year!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe. I think your blog is fab and have enjoyed reading about your adventures so far. Just wondering if my little boy and I might be able to join you some time? Jo Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me your phone number to joewatsonmedia@gmail.com would love to see you

    ReplyDelete