Wednesday 21 November 2012

Coughs and Rain and Feeling Rough

OK. So in the world of delicious blogging and 100% perfection, I would tell you that all of our Dangerous Boys has scaled Everest this week and shot their first bear... not so i'm afraid.

We have been thwarted with illness, poor sleep (to the point of desperation), and the worlds fattest, coldest, rain storms EVER!! My intention to hold a marvellous DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS was destined not to happen - I suppose sometimes you need a kick of reality to remind you to keep things real.

One by one, all of the Dangerous Mums, texted me to tell me their little kids were unwell and that the weather was too hideous... which it was. I had been stuck in our house for 5 days by this point with a poorly Wilbs and an even more poorly Tiger.

I decided last minute that I would dress in all my waterproofs and go to the zoo. It felt so important to get some fresh air and to see some animals... The zoo is a 10 minute walk away, so my friend and I wrapped up our sick babies and took our toddlers out for a wet romp around the zoo... it was 100% perfection in all of the ways I would not have imagined. We saw a lion have a pee, a crocodile, some blue frogs, pink birds and we looked at the fish.

When we came back I thought I cannot blog about THE CLUB because it didn't really happen... but actually it did... 4 little boys went to the zoo, they got wet and so did we and it was good!



Wilber at midnight struggling to sleep!
(I wonder why?)

No comments:

Post a Comment