Tuesday 2 October 2012

An Ugly Bug Ball!


This week has been good... 'World Exclusive'... THE DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS is officially changing me!! Tiger, Wilber and I have been on several walks this week and I found myself doing things I would never normally have thought to do. Instead of a buggy I took Wilbs in a back pack, instead of walking along paths I chose the grass so we could find 'stuff', we walked on walls... and even at one point I scaled, what felt to be, a cliff face (in reality this was probably a steep path) but with the Force on my back I nearly wept as we reached the summit/top of the small hill!!

This week we did a BUG HUNT! Please don't tell my children, but bugs slightly freak me out... 'Fake it to, make it' is my new motto... and we thus had a ball. We turned jam-jars in to bug hunting receptacles using string and brown tape, and off we went.


Based on almost scientific evidence, did you know that Bugs can smell when you are fearful and only like to engage with you if they can take you by surprise? If the lesser spotted bug is not on your mind it will leap - right into your mouth... but if looking for the bug it will chose to remain hidden!!! We did find bugs eventually although it did require a bit of hunting. Woodlice, worms, beetles, slugs, slugs, snails, slugs and a spider. It was actually not to scary... and the boys loved it!

No animals got harmed in the making of todays DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS...  except one woodlouse which got eaten.


 
  
Checking out the Great Finds





Spare a thought this week for poor woody-louse who is no longer with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment