Wednesday 17 October 2012

Benji turns 2

My toes were cold, my heart was warm!!

We British love to have a jolly good chat about the weather... not because we are dull, but because the weather changes from day to day. We live in an erratic climate and therefore it makes for an unquestionably good and safe subject of conversation... does it not?!?!?!?! 

Therefore, might I say that the season has definitely changed. The sky was a perfect blue but MAN ALIVE was it cold. I have purchased a cute little bear suit for Wilber, because bears are 'dangerous' but also snuggley. This week I will make it my mission to find some thermals for all of us... I must not be defeated by the cold! Although if I am honest I am wondering what the heck to do come the full-on winter time... ideas anyone?

Benji, a delightful little boy, who is an excellent climber, a prolific smiler and the worlds most lovely boy, turned 2 and so today we celebrated his birthday... Danger Style!

Benji's parents took on THE DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS - and excelled!!! I loved it, it surely is every boys perfect 2nd birthday party. To be surrounded by loads of little lads, to get filthy, to have snacks, find bugs and eat cake! 

The birthday party was simple... collect bugs and leaves and stuff to gain the clue to the treasure. The treasures were little blue boxes with snacks in. 'Simple' is almost an exaggeration, but truly this was one of the best birthday parties I have been to. 

A few things have struck me this week at the CLUB...

1) Tiger is slowly becoming more comfortable with getting his hands dirty... I think something a lot of 2-3 year olds find distressing!... we are getting there!

2) I am becoming more comfortable with getting my hands dirty.... something a lot of Mums find distressing.... I am getting there... thank  you!

  3) We are all treating bugs like they are friends.... Me, Tiger and the   boys!! 



I will leave you with a conversation Tiger had with a spider:

Tiger - "Ello Spider... what you doin? Off on holiday? Going on an aeroplane? How you feeling? You being naughty? See you later, I'm off on holiday!" 



The boys with their boxes of treasure



No comments:

Post a Comment