Tuesday 25 September 2012

Jump!

It has been a tough week. Darling Wilber, who with his side parting, looks like he is off to prep school, has been in baby boot camp, learning how to sleep... And Tiger, has been unwell. Between the two of them they have conspired to test us as parents by waking up over 20 times a night!! So this weeks DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS, was almost cancelled due to ill health... but alas, Tiger arose from his bed this morning with renewed energy, so off we went to our woodland meeting spot!

I used to teach gymnastics. I was fanatical about the sport, but really rather atrocious at it. Thankfully, I was a much better coach! The youngest child I taught was a boy called Michael, he was 2.5 years old and he had a head so enormous he couldn't lift his head off the ground. My oldest student was a 55 year old women called Irene.

The one thing that alarmed me when I taught my young gymnasts  was children who were too scared to jump. Many kids were too fearful to leap into my arms or on to a mat. Many couldn't hang upside down either.  So today in the DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS, we wanted encourage the boys to fearlessly jump. They lined up, and one by one, leapt through the air into our arms... good eye contact, arms wide open, they all brilliantly jumped and jumped... and jumped.

It was a cold day, so before playing the usual hide-and-seek and catch-me-if-you-can games, the boys all had babycinos....

 BABYCINO's
- Warm milk
- Squirty cream
- Generous dusting of mallows


My aim for this week, is to find any wall, ledge or log I can and encourage Tiger to JUMP!!! Do let me know if you get your kids to jump too... I love a good leap of faith!!!!

Wilber in Training



No comments:

Post a Comment