Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Colour of the Woods

If I am honest, I would have to admit that I have slightest tendency to become a little, titchy-witchy bit obsessed with things... I get an idea into my head and that is it... I become like an over excited, preoccupied school girl excited in June about upcoming Christmas (which, might I add, that I CANNOT WAIT FOR!!!!). So this is how I feel about the DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS.

All week I have been jotting down ideas for the CLUB and I think I have about enough ideas to take Tiger to the age of 15years, 3 months and 2 weeks!!!!

This week we met again in the woods. The sky was a sea of blue and the air had that edge to it. I love post summer sunshine!

I sat with the 8 boys in a wooden round house and pointed to the woods...

Me:                What colours are the leaves?
Them:            Green!
Me:                What colour is the bark
One of them:  Woof Woof
Me:                 No, what colour is the bark?
Them:             Brown!
Me:                 The moss?
Them:             Green
Me:                 The ground
Them:             Brown!

.... you get the gist I am sure. They distinguished that there were mainly two colours. Meanwhile just behind us, the gallant Mums had been hiding smarties all over the woods (to our foreign Blogees, these are coloured chocolate sweets that really are not the colour of the woods).

I gave each child a treasure pot and they were sent off to find the sweets remembering that would be able to spot them because they were not camouflaged. They LOVED it. The big boys helped the little boys, they ran around filling their little pots with sweets and delighted in spotting them and growing their treasure pots. How cool to find your own snacks.... Wild Boar and Berries next week, me thinks!!!

The boys ate their chocolate and juice and then spent the rest of the morning playing hide and seek and hitting things with sticks. I can genuinely say, from the bottom of my heart, that I am so excited about this little Club and what it will do for our adventurous boys. In the heart of a city, what more could you ask for than to run wild with a pack!!!

See you next week everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment