Tuesday 9 April 2013

Cold, Cute and Courageous

This morning I lay in bed procrastinating, as the rain drizzled down the window and I could almost feel the icy wind gusting through the holes in our windows. The reason I did the DANGEROUS CLUB FOR BOYS, was not, I admit, my staunch commitment to my children, but because i was meeting other people... and THIS is the reason why it is good to do things in groups. We had an amazing morning and I am so grateful I did not follow my desire to stay inside, but instead follow my F.O.L.P.D.I (Fear of letting people down instinct), which although a rubbish instinct, did mean we had a gorgeous morning!!
Our activity today was to go on a walk and collect things to put in our bag. The reason why this is great is because it gives a focus and an aim for a walk, keeps the boys looking and observing their surroundings and also, lets face it, everyone loves collect things to put in their bags, even if it is an old leaf and a piece of plastic. We explored, hedges, trees, went through bushes and into clearings and really did cover ground that we would never usually have covered!!

A MORBID ASIDE: I always think I will stumble across a dead person when I go into odd places, which is redicks, but when i shared this to a lovely fellow mum, instead of putting my mind at ease, she told me she actually had once stumbled across a dead body!!
The final thing on the list was a biscuit which the boys found towards the end of our freezing cold walk, eating it was prize indeed for their courage in surviving the -29 degrees wind chill that had been whipping their faces all morning.... WELL DONE little Dangerous Boys!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment